You know that game where you answer, “If stranded on a desert island, and you could only read one book, and eat only one thing, what would it be?” Chips & Dip is my answer for both. (Oh, it’s a book; trust me.)
These aren’t my best photos. It was late and the lighting was poor. The avocado was much darker than it appears.
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 2 – 3 Cloves of Garlic (Depending on your taste for garlic.)
- 1/4 – 1/3 White Onion (Depending on how much crunch you like in each bite.)
- 1 tsp. White Distilled Vinegar
- 1 Rounded Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 Rounded Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 6 – 8 Slices Jalapeno (Depending on your capacity to enjoy heat.)
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. Chipotle Salsa (Found canned in the Mexican Food Isle of your grocery store.)
- 2 Slices Bacon
- Salt to Taste
- Pepper to Taste
Meanwhile, mince onion. Fill small bowl with water. Place onions in sifter. Rest sifter in bowl. Pour vinegar over onions. This will rinse off the milky fluid that onions produce. It will also reduce the onion’s pungency, leaving sweetness in each bite.