I’m about to prove what many of you have probably suspected these many months . . . I . . . have no idea what I’m doing. Here I am, accepting an honor intimating excellence, and I have absolutely no segue from my title of today’s post to the subject matter. Zero. I got nothin’.
Well, it is my dad’s birthday today. But that would really be more of a big thumbs up for Papi, wouldn’t it?
For those of you who don’t share my childish enthusiasm for animated movies, “the big thumbs up from Papi” is a line from Kronk’s New Groove. Kronk is . . . hmm, a gradual thinker with skills to which I can only aspire. He is a master in the language of Squirrel, the composer of his own theme music, and he makes the most divine spinach puffs! A triple threat.
Perhaps accepting this award on his birthday will make my father proud – and I’ll get the big thumbs up. Ooh! Do I detect a segue after all?!
This award came from J.E. Lattimer – writer of the blog Fictional Machines. This is the perfect time to begin following his blog. He has recently organized all of his stories including Progression which is the thrilling and mysterious story of artist Jack Altomere and his wife Charlotte. Take the time to read some of his short stories, and you will be hooked.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
And the award goes to . . .
Thanks again to J.E. Lattimer for this award. Thank Y-O-U, the readers, for putting up with things like bad segues, silly posts, and cartoon references. And a special “thank you” to the songwriters, book writers and Big D for making the content on this blog “like, even better!” (from Madagascar II – I’m relentless.)
– Anita, Noted in Nashville