Happy summer! Where’ve you been?!? 😉
Sometimes life requires my full attention. Like a semi-well-behaved child, it tolerates my distractions, long phone conversations, and the back of my head while I’m on the computer for as long as it can before tugging on my shirt and repeating my name one-thousand-two-hundred-thirty-seven times without stopping for air. If that doesn’t work, it goes into the next room and keeps quiet – too quiet. The sound of a fully-loaded shelf crashing to the floor is sure to follow.
Sometimes life says to me, “PAY ATTENTION! No pictures. No commentary. No search engines. No social media. Just you, fully involved with me.” Sometimes I listen.
These past weeks were one of those “sometimes”. It’s funny how breaking a self-imposed rule can make me feel guilty. When I began this blog I determined that I would never take time off from it without scheduling and announcing said down-time first. But life became more pressing than the guilt, and the guilt eventually waned. In other words, I got over it. And to be honest, I enjoyed and probably needed time with life as much as life needed time with me.
I did miss all of you, and I did wonder what was going on in your blogging worlds. So, I look forward to catching up in the next few weeks. I hope you’ve been having as much fun as I have.
In addition to getting a perm, here are some of the exciting things that happened during my away-time. On list three, I share what’s coming soon for this blog.
3 Near Celebrity Sightings:
This list doesn’t even include all the near-sightings during the CMA Fest downtown. There’s no telling how many singers I nearly saw that week.
These are my confirmed near-sightings. They attended the same party or visited the same building – only minutes or hours before I did. Missed it by that much.
- One Direction – I think my cool points went way up with one of my voice/piano students because of this.
- Luke Bryan – I’m embarrassed to admit I had to search engine this guy after seeing his bus.
- Vince Gill – I know you’re saying what I said, “Nooooooo!!!”
3 Actors with All the Right Signature Moves:
After years of observation, Big D and I recently came to some conclusions about these three actors. We believe they must have very specific and unusual contractual requirements for each part they accept.
- John Cusack – (I’m pretty sure everyone has noticed this one.) He must wear a trench coat or rain coat for at least one scene. Black is preferable. Wearing one for the cover of the DVD artwork is ideal. Wearing one for the entire movie is sublime:
- Ashton Kutcher – He must say the words “on fire”. He has a very distinctive delivery. (I refer you to Cheaper by the Dozen and What Happens in Vegas.)
- Tom Cruise – He must run – full-out – at least once in every movie. Sometimes he is running away from physical danger. Sometimes he is running away from emotional pain. Sometimes he is running toward someone. Sometimes he is running after someone. But since I saw him in All the Right Moves, I’ve noticed that he runs . . . by golly, he runs. Apparently, I’m not the only one to notice because there are multiple Cruise running montages on You Tube. Here’s a really good one:
3 Upcoming Posts:
Thanks for coming back to visit. I plan on keeping things slightly loosey-goosey – posting once weekly for the summer. Here’s what to expect in the next few weeks:
- Pillsbury Bake-Off Recipe – I’ll share our entry for the 2013 Pillsbury contest.
- Buffalo Chicken Soup with Corn – Our new favorite soup. I know it’s summertime, but if you sit next to a box fan, no one can hear you slurp.
- Nashville Nightlights – Artist Bruce Munro uses miles of fiber optics as his medium to light up the botanical gardens of Cheekwood.
– Anita, Noted in Nashville